Helping you Understand Your Risks and
Prioritize your Risk Improvements
The What if?...Risk Grading App is easy to use, highly innovative and really helps our customers get a better understanding of the risks they face and how risk improvement actions can influence their overall grading score
– Ian McNeil, Global Head of Customer Management - GI Risk Engineering at Zurich Insurance Group
Zurich Risk Engineering, part of the Zurich Insurance Group, a world leading insurance company with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland envisioned an innovative iPad Risk Grading App to bring their grading methodology to life. The challenge was to make their risk engineers' complex job around risk assessment easier for customers to understand, and to put them in the driving seat for setting priorities around their risk improvement plans.
A new productivity concept was needed, to transform the detailed process into an intuitive tablet workspace with an easy to use interface enabling engagement between risk engineers and customers, to look at the impact of risk improvement actions on their overall grading score.
- Innovative, easy to use interface iPad App for Risk Grading
- Looks at the impact of risk improvement actions on the grading score
- Visualizes the risk assessment process, generating multiple scenarios
- Shares best practice around risk improvement
- Puts customers in the driving seat to set priorities for their risk improvement plans
After an envisioning workshop with business and IT leaders at Zurich, Com-Tec-Co shaped a mobile workspace that targets the key elements of Zurich Risk Engineering’s risk grading methodology and converts these aspects into a visualized interface. The delivered "What If... Risk Grading App" makes risk assessment easier to understand and provides customers with insights and best practice - for a better understanding of their existing risks and optimization of risk improvement budgets.
The "What If.. Risk Grading App" has an intuitive interface, with each assessment criterion graded via a visual linear tool. Scenarios automatically generated based on the documented assessment, reveal the impact of risk improvement actions on the grading score, and help customers maximize relevant expenditures. The App helps deepen customer and business partner engagement and confirms Zurich Risk Engineering’s continued commitment to technology.
Zurich Insurance at a Glance
- Largest in Switzerland insurance group with global operations
- Forbes Global 2000 Company
- Established in 1872
- Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
- Employees: 60,000+
- Delivers diverse insurance and life insurance products and services in 170+ countries
- Net income 2011: 3792 million USD
- Enabled on-site visualization of risk grading scores via an easy to use iPad app
- Demonstrated the impact of risk improvement actions on the grading score
- Shared risk management best practices
- Provided risk insights for informed decisions around risk improvement actions expenditure